Ferrara & Company Founder Selected as Panelist at June 14 WCBS Small Business Breakfast
PRINCETON, N.J., June 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Art Ferrara, president of Ferrara & Company LLC Advertising and Marketing, has been invited to be a panelist for the next WCBS Radio Small Business Breakfast at the Sheraton Meadowlands on Tuesday, June 14, 2011. Ferrara will share tips on growing brands that are built to last.
The name behind great names like ARM & HAMMER®, Heinz® and Allegra®, Art Ferrara launched his company at his kitchen table in 1986 and today employs 48 professionals serving the advertising and marketing needs of more than 30 brands.
More than 500 New Jersey business owners and corporate employees are expected to attend the breakfast, hosted by WCBS/Wall Street Journal Business Reporter Joe Connolly, to hear Ferrara and other panelists talk about new ways to grow business. Among the insights Ferrara will share are:
- Understand the marketplace and know your target customers. Whether your business is selling frozen food or healthcare products, understanding the wants and needs of your customers and creating messages that illustrate the value of your services are surefire ways to build your brand.
- Look in the mirror. Today’s business owners must be open and willing to evaluate themselves to see where they need to be in an evolving marketplace. At Ferrara & Company we also sit down with our clients one-on-one at the end of every year and ask how we’re doing. This helps us keep the internal and external views of our brand aligned.
- Never stop innovating. A company’s track record is only as good as its latest accomplishment so business owners can never stop creating new products and services to stay ahead of client needs. Business owners must always be ready to answer the question: What have you done for me lately?
- Invest in relationships. The sales cycle has never been longer or more arduous than it is today, so keeping in touch with a prospect before, during and after a sales pitch can reinforce your brand and pay off with a new client in the end. Ferrara & Company’s first big client came in a full two years after an initial pitch and that client remains with the firm today. And once you land a client, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and partner with them to produce results.
- Choose your partners wisely. In business, as in life, we are judged by the company we keep. Strategic partnerships have never been more important but always remember that the actions of your business partners impact your brand. Make sure their work ethic, values and results reflect your own.
Ferrara and other panelists will be joined by featured guest speaker Jeff Vanderbeek, chairman and managing partner of the New Jersey Devils. For more information and to purchase tickets to the event, visit http://newyork.cbslocal.com/guide/wcbs-880-small-business-breakfast/. For more information about Ferrara & Company, visit http://www.ferraracompany.com/