- Imperative to reduce global CO2 emissions
- Energy demand growing through electrification
- Source of energy supply shifting to low-carbon fossil fuels and renewables
- Transition to cleaner energy can happen quickly and economically
- U.S. exporting low-cost energy to the rest of the world
To reduce carbon emissions across the globe, a transition to cleaner energy must happen.
We think this transition will be driven by two key themes: Growing global energy demand driven by electrification; and natural gas and renewables displacing coal, thereby reducing carbon emissions.
This is Tortoise’s view on the future of energy, what we are calling “The Teal Energy Deal.”